What’s better than the perfectly baked chocolate chip cookie? Nothing beats it. Not too soft, not too crunchy, the right temperature, and delicious chocolate chips. Sometimes it can be tough to make a great cookie though. I’ve been asked many times how to bake said cookie, so I figured it would make for the ideal next Q&A with Sweet E installment. So, here goes…my 5 tricks for the perfect chocolate chip cookies:
1. Chill your formed cookie dough directly on the cookie sheet for 1-2 hours before placing it in the oven.
2. Do not melt your butter in the microwave. Instead let it sit out on your counter until it is at room temperature or soft to the touch.
3. Do not grease your cookie sheet. Instead use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
4. Use all-purpose flour. If your dough seems too wet – add a bit more flour to it.
5. Do not over bake your cookies! Instead take them out of the oven 2 minutes early (or when the edges are brown and center is soft) and they will finish baking on the hot cookie sheet.
And it’s as easy as that. If you follow these little tips, your chocolate chip cookies will be nothing less than absolutely scrumptious. Enjoy!
P.S. Try our chocolate chip cookies!