Sweet E's Delivery Protection covers lost, stolen, and damaged items as well as missed deliveries that fit the following criteria. Review the policy to understand what Sweet E's will cover based on the method you receive your order (Pick up vs Local Los Angeles Delivery vs Nationwide Shipping). You must opt into Sweet E’s Delivery Protection program at checkout in order to activate coverage.
Package Protection Maximum Coverage
Sweet E’s Package Protection covers orders up to a maximum value of $3600, regardless of your total order value. If your order value is $10,000 and damage occurs, Sweet E’s will cover a maximum of $3600.
PICK UP POLICY
ORDERS PICKED UP BY THE CUSTOMER AT SWEET E’S BAKE SHOP
- Once your order leaves our shop, Sweet E’s is not responsible for any damages that may occur and no refunds or replacements will be offered.
LOCAL LOS ANGELES DELIVERY POLICY
ORDERS HAND DELIVERED BY SWEET E’S BAKE SHOP DELIVERY SERVICE
You must be present to receive your order for Local Delivery. Upon checkout you will choose a specific delivery window. Our delivery drivers will contact the phone number provided in advance of delivery. Delivery drivers will wait up to 10 minutes at your delivery address before an order is deemed undeliverable.
Recipient is Not Present
- A claim must be filed within 24 hours of the original attempted delivery date. Claims filed beyond that timeframe will not be covered.
- If you are unable to meet your delivery driver at your delivery address and wish to have your order left unattended, you must contact Sweet E’s customer care team or delivery driver in advance with your request. If you request for your order to be left unattended, Sweet E’s Protection Plan will not cover any damage, theft or loss to your order.
- If the customer input the incorrect address at checkout and the package was attempted to delivered to the wrong address, Sweet E’s Protection will not be offered and a fee to redeliver to the updated address will be required.
- Once your order is delivered to you successfully, Sweet E’s is not responsible for any damages that may occur past that point and no refunds or replacements will be offered.
NATIONWIDE SHIPPING POLICIES
“Carriers” refer to 3rd party shipping companies that we use including but not limited to UPS, Fed EX, USPS, etc.
Packages Presumed to be Lost
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed 5 days after the last tracking update to allow time to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises.
Estimated Delivery Date
- After 48 hours has passed from an estimated delivery date given from the carrier, and no delivery update has been made, Sweet E's will consider the order to be "lost" and assist with next steps to either reship or refund the value of the undelivered package.
Invalid Address or Delivery Barriers
- Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to Sweet E's, in which case the product is unusable due to it’s perishable shelf life. The customer’s package is not actually lost, thus Sweet E's does not cover this.
Only Part of the Order Delivered
- If a single order is being shipped in multiple packages and one package does not arrive, Sweet E's will cover the order issue and reship or refund the value of the undelivered package.
- If an item is missing from the customer’s order due to Sweet E's mistake, Sweet E's will either reship or refund the value of the undelivered items.
Packages Labeled "Return to Sender"
- Sweet E's does not cover packages labeled return to sender when a customer provides an invalid or undeliverable address or refuses a delivery.
- Sweet E's does cover packages labeled return to sender if the package gets lost in-transit and then returned to sender due to a carrier error.
*Please note: Sweet E's Package Protection timeframes for filing apply.
Orders Stuck in Customs:
- Sweet E's cannot cover when a customer’s order is stuck in international borders/customs.
- It will be the customer’s responsibility to pay the customs fees and take any necessary steps in order to receive the package.
Orders Marked as Unfulfilled or Unshipped
- If an order is marked as unfulfilled or unshipped, the order has not been fulfilled yet by Sweet E's and therefore Sweet E's Package Protection is not yet in action because the order has not shipped.
Order Issue Filed Too Soon
- If the customer is filing an order issue the same day that the package was marked as delivered, at Sweet E's discretion, we may ask you to wait 5 days. Carriers sometimes prematurely mark the package as delivered when it’s still in transit.
Delivered but Missing Package
- Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received are considered stolen, and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises.
Filing a Police Report or Notarized Statement
- Sweet E's may require a police report and/or notarized statement form when the customer’s package is marked as delivered, yet the customer is claiming that it was stolen.
- If requested, the customer must file the police report and include an explanation that package protection was purchased from Sweet E's, and we have protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the order issue, Sweet E's is requiring a police report.
- Send Sweet E's the police report PDF & number.
- Upon request, Sweet E's may require additional documentation such as proof of identity, a notarized statement, address, etc.
Note: Depending upon the jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony.
Delivered to Wrong Address
- If the customer input the correct address at checkout and the package was delivered to the wrong address, Sweet E's considers this as stolen and we will replace the order on behalf of the customer.
- Order Issues for damaged orders must be filed within 24 hours of the delivery date.
- A damaged item is considered to be a broken or melted product that is unusable.
- Sweet E's does not cover cosmetic damage in the packaging or product (scratches, dents, etc.).
- Sweet E's requires evidence of the damaged item. Photos and/or video must be sent within 24 hours of the delivery date.
- The customer does not need to ship perishable items back to Sweet E’s (unless indicated otherwise).
- Carriers may experience delays due to weather, mechanical errors, or natural disasters. If your order is delayed for any carrier related reason, Sweet E's will not cover it.
- Carriers will update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
- If the customer paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, Sweet E's will not cover it.
Package in Pre-Shipment
- Sweet E's reserves the right to deny order issues where package tracking is marked as "pre-shipment".
Non-sanctioned Shipping Address
- Sweet E's is based in the United States of America. Due to shipping policies in the US, Sweet E's will not cover issues shipped to countries that are not sanctioned by the US. List available here
- If the customer entered the wrong address at the time of order, Sweet E's will not cover the claim.
- If the customer is unsatisfied with the product (i.e. taste, aesthetic, etc), Sweet E's will not cover the claim.
Too Late to File
- Sweet E's will action an order issue that is filed within the bounds of our timeline policy. Sweet E's will deny any claims filed outside of these timelines:
- Local LA Delivery - claims must be filed within 24 hours of the delivery date.
- Nationwide shipments - claims must be filed between 5-10 days of the expected delivery date.
- The maximum timeline to finalize a claim and provide Sweet E’s with any requested missing information, is 30 days from the original expected delivery date.
Payment Installment Companies
- For payment installments (ShopPay, Afterpay, etc.), it is the customer’s responsibility to pay the payment installment company directly.
- If Sweet E's refunds the customer for their order, the refund will go directly to the customer and the customer must pay their installments to the payment installment company directly.
- If your order is already in production, we are unable to accommodate a cancellation or offer a refund. Delivery Protection only covers delivery or shipping issues as outlined in our policy.
- If the item has shipped, Sweet E's is already protecting the package for delivery or shipping issues and cannot refund the customer.